Internship Opportunity with ID
ID is searching for a smart, detail-oriented team member to join our strategy, design, and development team this summer for a part-time intership. Our clients range from luxury boutiques, restaurants, and startups, all based in New York City. We plan, design, build, and maintain high-traffic websites ranging from eCommerce sites based on Magento/WordPress to Rails applications.
We’re looking for summer 2014 interns (early June to late August) with an interest in developing their skills as a producer and web designer. As a member of the core ID team, the Intern will be responsible for assisting in the creation of a business class website. From collecting project requirements and creating design presentations, to browser-troubleshooting and producing HTML markup, you will experience the full cycle of crafting websites for the wide array of client sites we currently maintain.
* A passion for the web and all things digital (you probably hate using paper)
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate effectively to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation
* Comfort with WordPress, Photoshop CS6, InDesign CS6
* Curiosity and interest in entrepreneurship
* Desire to progress through fast-paced client work
* Bachelor’s Degree in a Design related field – OR- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems (or expected graduation this semester)
* A preference for working in an agency, consulting, or startup environment
* Technical acumen and rudimentary knowledge of HTML/CSS, user experience and web analytics tools
Our office is located in the Gramercy section of New York City, so you must live within commuting distance. Interns will be paid $12-$15/hr, subject to experience and qualifications and will be required to be in the office 10 days/month for the term of the internship. While there’s no guarantee of continued work after the internship is complete, we’re looking to build long-term relationships with interns who perform well and mesh with our team.
How to apply:
Send a link to your online portfolio and introduce yourself through [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!